Facts about Mobile Apps You Didn’t Know
In fact, some mobile app revenue has risen to the point where it exceeds the total GDP of well-developed countries.
The impact of mobile apps has now been rooted deep in our lives that we cannot even think of living without these apps. For instance, there are some apps that we frequently use on a regular basis, like WhatsApp and Uber. People who have made these apps a part of their lives must find it difficult to carry their routines without using these apps.
There are billions of mobile apps in leading mobile app stores, and they are responsible for generating billion-dollar revenues for mobile app development companies and advertisement agencies. Apps have become a vital part, and they are going to stay here. Moreover, entrepreneurs and app developers are filling the gaps in society and developing apps that offer perfect solutions to the problems prevailing in our lives. The following are some of the interesting facts about mobile apps.
- Did you know that at least 69-87% of average time spent by the users is on mobile apps and less on a website? Yes, this is an interesting fact about the mobile apps which has become a ferocious driving force for developers to develop flawless and innovative mobile apps. Quality and ease of functionality ignite a huge amount of interest among the users, and they happen to spend a lot of time on mobile apps.
- A report by Marketing Land says that mobile advertising will account for at least 72% of all the digital ad spending in the US by 2019. This fact means if you want to earn digital ad revenue then focus on mobile apps and let the money follow you.
- Android has more downloads, but iOS has a much higher revenue. Along with this there is one more predicted fact that there will be almost 269 billion mobile app downloads in total by the end of 2017.
- At least 83-85% of the users believe that it is important they should have a unified experience across all the mobile devices. This fact about mobile apps suggests there is a need to build apps for all the best mobile platforms. Also, all the mobile apps should look similar on all the platforms they are being used.
- On average, an adult spends 4 hours and 39 minutes on communications mobile apps in the US. Time duration may vary in different parts of the world. However, this is around 1/5th of the day. This translates into a enormous potential of communication apps such as Whatsapp, Snapchat, Messanger, and Tinder.
- The young generation, as well as the users of over 50 age group, are passionate about shopping via mobile apps. Analytics anticipate that by 2024, 42% of retail sales will include apps to a great extent. They might be playing an integral role in checking prices, research work or in regards to the purchase of the product.
- At least 85% of B2B marketers are the firm believers of the fact that mobile apps hold an immense importance in content marketing. Yes, this is true and that means mobile apps should not be considered only as productivity enhancers or retail apps. In fact, mobile apps should be regarded as one of the most powerful marketing tools.
- For 42 percent of the mobile app developers iOS app development is the first choice whereas 31 percent of the app developers choose Android app development.
- US citizens spend at least 129.4 billion minutes per month on mobile apps. Bigger picture is that there are 101.8 million US citizens who use mobile apps
These apps are bringing a lot of opportunities in every field. The above-mentioned facts about mobile apps add insights about the value of mobile apps in today’s life. Many new and exciting apps have changed the perspectives in our lives. No matter what profession you have, you can find many apps that benefit you and help you in your industry. Whether you are a marketer, chef, engineer, artist, teacher, student, or any other professional, you can grow at a higher pace by making use of some useful mobile apps. Thus, these apps help you implement the latest technology in a way that can benefit your business. If you are interested in mobile app development Perpetuum Code is here to help you. Get in touch with us, we can help you!